Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence
The Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Professional Staff Excellence acknowledge and reward outstanding leadership and performance by professional staff members that exceeds what would be expected of staff in the normal performance of duties. All professional staff who are up to and including HEW 9 who are either ongoing or on a fixed term appointment normally greater than 12 months are eligible for nomination.
All professional staff members, up to and including HEW 9, who are either ongoing or on a fixed term appointment of normally greater than 12 months, are eligible for nomination for this award.
Faculties and Divisions can nominate up to one individual and one team.
Staff cannot be the recipient of an individual award in two consecutive years for the same or substantially similar achievement.
Nominations must meet at least one of the following areas:
- An exceptional achievement or success;
- An outstanding service to a variety of stakeholders;
- An outstanding or novel initiative which has been implemented;
- An exceptional initiative/achievement involving cross unit collaboration;
- An outstanding contribution to enhancing the student experience; or
- An exemplar of the University's Values, Code of Conduct, and upholds Leadership
- Behaviours and professionalism when interacting with colleagues and stakeholders.
Award recipients receive $2,000 (individuals) and $4,000 (groups) which will be paid as salary. The overall winner of the Vice-Chancellor's Award for Professional Staff Excellence received an additional $10,000 paid as salary.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 4 October 2019.
Faculty and division award committees will have the opportunity to submit one individual and one team nomination. All nominations must be sent via email to VCawards@newcastle.edu.au.
Commencing 2015, the nomination process for VC's Awards has changed and is now linked to the faculty and division awards. For information on your faculty or division award process, please contact your faculty/division awards coordinator (PDF, 78KB).
(Note: Please ensure your web browser supports the use of form fields. We suggest using Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers to download and complete the nomination form. Please avoid using Firefox).