Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for International Engagement
The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for International Engagement seeks to encourage and reward outstanding performance for the promotion of international engagement.
These awards, up to 1 individual and 1 team award, recognise quality activities and demonstrable success from those individuals or teams that have worked diligently to enhance UON’s global standing through international engagement.
All staff who are either ongoing or on a fixed term appointment normally greater than 12 months are eligible.
An initiative or project to advance UON’s international engagement capabilities and profile, demonstrating excellence in at least one of the following seven areas:
- Demonstrable commitment and outstanding contribution in increasing and embracing diversity of staff and student profile at UON;
- Outstanding innovation in internationalising curriculum and learning experience including the use of technology and outbound student mobility;
- Exceptional initiative/achievement in enhancing UON’s performance/profile in world university rankings;
- Outstanding contribution in internationalising services and co-curricular activities across the whole spectrum of student affairs;
- Outstanding contribution to facilitate UON’s capability informing new global partnerships;
- Demonstrable contemporary approach in meeting acute challenges posed by attracting international students in an increasingly sophisticated global education market;
- Outstanding contribution to reciprocity through student and community engagement that enhances mutual appreciation of the contribution of international students to the local community and Australia and vice versa.
Award recipients receive $2,000 for individuals and $4,000 for groups and will be presented at a public awards ceremony on Monday 3 December 2018.
Download the 2018 VC's Awards for International Engagement Guidelines (PDF, 628KB) and Nomination Form (PDF, 559KB). Completed forms should be submitted via email.
For information on your faculty or division award process, please contact your faculty/division awards coordinator (PDF, 78KB).
Nominations close 5pm Friday 5 October 2018.
(Note: Please ensure your web browser supports the use of form fields. We suggest using Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers to download and complete the nomination form. Please avoid using Firefox).