Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for International Engagement
The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for International Engagement seeks to encourage and reward outstanding performance for the promotion of international engagement.
These awards, up to 1 individual and 1 team award, recognise quality activities and demonstrable success from those individuals or teams that have worked diligently to enhance UON’s global standing through international engagement.
All staff of the University who are either ongoing or on a fixed term appointment normally greater than 12 months are eligible for nomination.
An initiative or project to advance UON’s international engagement capabilities and profile, demonstrating excellence in at least one of the following seven areas:
- Demonstrable commitment and outstanding contribution in increasing and embracing diversity of staff and student profile at UON;
- Outstanding innovation in internationalising curriculum and learning experience including the use of technology and outbound student mobility;
- Exceptional initiative/achievement in enhancing UON’s performance/profile in world university rankings;
- Outstanding contribution in internationalising services and co-curricular activities across the whole spectrum of student affairs;
- Outstanding contribution to facilitate UON’s capability in forming new global partnerships;
- Demonstrable contemporary approach in meeting acute challenges posed by attracting international students in an increasingly sophisticated global education market;
- Outstanding contribution to reciprocity through student and community engagement that enhances mutual appreciation of the contribution of international students to the local community and Australia and vice-versa.
Award recipients will receive $2,000 for individuals, and $4,000 for a group/team, paid as salary. Awards will be presented at a end of year awards ceremony In December.
Download the 2019 VC's Awards for International Engagement Guidelines and Nomination Forms (PDF, 800KB).
For information on your faculty or division award process, please contact your faculty/division awards coordinator (PDF, 78KB).
NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE AT 5PM ON FRIDAY 4 OCTOBER 2019.
(Note: Please ensure your web browser supports the use of form fields. We suggest using Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers to download and complete the nomination form. Please avoid using Firefox).