Managing email effectively
Email is one of the key communications tools used at the University but it does not need to get in the way of what you do best.
Knowing how to use email effectively and appropriately benefits both you and your colleagues.
The following MindTools articles outlines best practices and advice on email usage. While this information is general in nature it is applicable to the University's email client: Microsoft Outlook (UNify).
To read these articles:
- Login to MindTools using your University staff Uni-ID and password, then
- come back to this page and click on the article links below.
Other communication tools
The University also uses the following tools as part of its communication suite:
- Jabber - online softphone and voicemail (can replace your deskphone)
- Zoom - videoconferencing and meeting tool
- Teams - a Microsoft communication and collaboration platform
IT Services has created 'A guide for getting things done - ITS recommendations for communication, collaboration and storage' on how best to use these and other tools available at the University.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.