Research at UON is powered by digital technologies that decrease the time to results, enable activity and information sharing and preserve critical data.
- Research Solutions
IT Services will provide a new range of integrate data, processing and technology services to UON’s researchers research partners to support grant and industry-funded research outcomes, idea incubation and acceleration, and enriched curriculum updates.
- NeW DC
We will deliver a new highly available consolidated data centre to enable big data analytics, enhanced high-performance computing (HPC), cloud bursting and IP protection.
- Collaborative Research & Innovation Partnerships
We will form strategic partnerships with leading technology partners, provide broker services and technology consulting and development capability that will enable co-creation, co-innovative and scalable research.
- Research Toolkit
We will implement and streamline solutions to support the management and administration of Research activities, HDR student management and Compliance and Ethics.
Key measures of success
- On-demand, managed and measured provision of HPC, storage and big-data analytics.
- Research data that can be securely accessible from anywhere at anytime.
- Achieving Increased research system compliance, agility and flexibility.
- The establishment of strong partnerships with leading IT partners.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.