IT Identity Management System Upgrade Phase 2 - SEPT 2016
IT Services have been working towards a full replacement of UONs IT account management system. Phase 1 of the project was successfully completed in January. We are now ready for Phase 2, which will see the IT accounts for all UON Staff, Affiliates and TAFE Students migrated and managed by the new system.
When is the upgrade taking place?
The upgrade is scheduled between 8am Saturday 17th to 12am Sunday 25th September 2016. The new system will be live by the start of business Monday 26th September 2016.
What services will be impacted?
During the upgrade period all current Students, Staff and Affiliates WILL BE ABLE to access MOST UON applications and services.
However, the following functions WILL BE UNAVAILABLE:
- On-boarding for new Staff, Student and Affiliates: New IT account provisioning and activation for all Students, Staff and Affiliates.
- Self-service password changes/resets: Staff, Affiliates and Students will be unable to reset or change passwords online, but can contact the IT Service Desk who can assist.
- Nustar and Alesco changes/updates to integrated systems: Systems that rely on the IT account management system for user information such as new Staff names, email address and termination dates, will not receive updates during the outage period.
- General access to the IT account management system (FIM and SunIDM): Both SunIDM and FIM will be unavailable to system administrators.
What Action is required?
- New Students, Staff and Affiliates will need to ensure they activate IT accounts and complete On-boarding processes by close of business Friday 16th September 2016. On-boarding activities can then commence as normal from Monday 26th September 2016.
- UON Staff On-boarding representatives should ensure that On-boarding welcome letters and guidance use the following UON website address for the IT account activation guidance and application (NUaccess).
What’s going to be different when the upgrade is complete?
IT account activation: New Staff and Affiliates will benefit from a streamlined and improved account activation process. All they will need is their unique UON employee number and DOB.
Password Management: All UON Staff, Students and Affiliates specified a password when activating their UON IT accounts. This password is used to access UON IT applications and services. This password can be managed using the following utilities.
Reset your password: If you can't remember your password, and want to reset it, you can do so anytime, anywhere by using the NUaccess Reset Forgotten Password utility. All you need it your username and to have registered your personal mobile number in HRonline. It’s as easy as 1,2,3...
- Enter your username into the utility.
- Enter the security code sent to your mobile phone.
- Specify a new password and you’re done!
If you do not want to register a personal mobile in HR Online, then you can contact the IT service desk on 02 4921 7000 who will reset your password for you.
Change your password: If you know your password and want to change it to something else, you can do so anytime anywhere by using the NUaccess Change Known Password utility. Again, its will be as easy as 1,2,3
- Enter your Username and current password into the utility
- Enter your current password and your new password.
- Click change and you’re done!
HRonline password management: Currently new Staff have to create an individual password for HR Online when they activate their account. This will no longer be required, HR Online will use the single password specified during the account activation process.
NOTE: Existing Staff will continue to have separate passwords until such time that they change or reset their passwords.
If you have any queries or concerns please contact IT Project Manager via email: email@example.com or call 02 498 54374 (ext. 54374)