Entertainment expenses recommendations
The Resources Division’s Directors Group has agreed to the follow recommendations to reduce non-essential expenditure on food and beverage expenses:
- Business lunches with external parties should be kept to a minimum and should be pre-approved by the relevant Director.
- As a rule, meetings should not be arranged over the lunch period (12noon – 2pm) unless no other option exists and the meeting is urgent. Approval to supply lunches is at the discretion of the relevant Director.
- UON credit cards should not be used for coffee meetings/catch ups unless an external party is involved.
- UON credit cards should not be used (on or off campus) for lunches or coffee meetings between UON staff.
- UON credit cards should not be used for Morning/afternoon teas of a personal nature (i.e farewells, birthdays etc).
- Purchases of flowers for any reason must be approved by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Kitchen supplies should be purchased through the approved supplier (COS) and be limited to those items listed in the policy.
- When using a UON credit card for legitimate food and beverage purchases at any venue, the UON delegations specify (1.7.3) that the most senior UON officer must pay for the expenditure.