DVC(A) Educator Innovation and Impact Awards
The DVC(A) Educator Innovation and Impact Awards recognise discrete, individual innovations or adaptations in learning and teaching that have resulted in an improved learning experiences for students.
Up to ten recipients will receive $500 and a certificate recognising the contribution to learning.
Applications are open to academic and professional staff from across all faculties and divisions, and include continuing, fixed term and sessional contract staff. Both individual and team applications are encouraged.
Guidelines and application form
(Applications close on 28th October 2019.)
2018 Award Recipients
From a very competitive field of 22 applications, 7 teams and individuals were recognised as making innovative contributions to, and impact on, teaching and learning at UON.
- Rachel Buchanan – School of Education
Modular online teaching
- Kate Dundas, Natalie Johnson, Lorraine Paras, Erica James – School of Medicine and Public Health
An innovative experiential assessment task: the 'This is Public Health' Photo Essay
- Conor Gilligan – School of Medicine and Public Health
Innovation in Interprofessional Education
- Amy Maguire – Newcastle Law School
Drafting a Treaty
- Anthony O’Brien, Jennifer Goh – University Library
Librarians on the Go - Librarians support for undergraduate health
- Warren Reilly – School of Architecture and Built Environment
New course structures for modernised contents
- Amanda Wilson – School of Nursing and Midwifery
Student tool for critical appraisal