University Assessment Workshops
Professional Certificate in University Assessment
CTL's professional certificate program is designed to promote best practice in assessment design at a practical level, while also accommodating challenging work schedules
- By the end of this certificate program, staff will be able to:
- Identify the pros and cons of formative and summative assessment.
- Select the most suitable method of assessment.
- Assess and mark student work in a fair and expedient fashion.
- Provide constructive student feedback that enhances learning and promotes student success.
Individuals must participate in a minimum of six topic sessions, and complete a non-graded assessment requirement for completion of the certificate program.
The following two core sessions are mandatory.
- Principles of Assessments
- Outcomes Based Grading
Four remaining sessions may be chosen from the assessment workshops listed below:
- Evaluation of Teaching
- Constructive Student Feedback
- Creating Multiple Choice Questions
- Effective Group Projects
- Marking Guides and Rubrics
- Online Assessment
- Written Assessments
- Assessment Methods
Please contact the Centre for Teaching and Learning if you have any questions regarding the Professional Certificate in University Assessment.