Public Liability

UON’s Public Liability cover provides protection for claims made by third parties for damage or injury in those instances where the University may be proven liable. This cover extends to sponsoring employers who accept students on practical placement required by their course.

Placement/Work-Integrated-Learning (WIL)

You are covered by UON’s policy if you are undertaking a professional placement that is a requirement of your course. The Placement/WIL must form part of the curriculum and be assessed by a course coordinator. You are not required to obtain any specific approval for these activities.

Contact Insurance if your Placement/WIL provider requires insurance confirmation.

Work Experience/Internships

Unlike Placements/WIL, work experience or internships are not a compulsory part of your studies. However, they can provide some valuable experience to assist your employability in the future. To obtain coverage for unpaid work experience you need to:

Step One: Have your work experience authorised by your School/Faculty

Step Two: Complete the Work Experience Cover Request form and return to Insurance

Step Three: Keep a record of your completed form in case a claim arises

Step Four: Contact Insurance if your work experience provider requires a copy of your insurance coverage Please note, the Insurance team cannot authorise your work experience activities.