External insurance

The University is covered by various property and liability insurances that provide protection for the University’s staff, students, agents, governing bodies, clubs, volunteers and visitors.

For further assistance or information about coverage for you, contact Insurance

If you have been injured or your property has been damaged whilst on UON premises, you may be entitled to make a claim. Please contact Insurance for more information or to report an incident.

University of Newcastle students undertaking placement, work experience or site visits on provider premises are covered by University insurances. To obtain evidence of protection, contact Insurance with the relevant student details and we will assist in any way we can. If a student is undertaking unpaid work experience, they will need to complete the Work Experience Cover Request form.

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.