Faculty Board - Science
What does the Faculty Board do?
The Faculty of Science Faculty Board is the principal academic authority within the Faculty. It is responsible to Academic Senate for maintaining the highest standards in teaching, learning, assessment and research. It meets at regular points throughout the year.
The Faculty Board is responsible for continuous improvement, approving academic content of new courses, all faculty procedures and managing schools within the faculty. For more detailed information about the Faculty Board's roles and responsibilities read the Terms of Reference.
Faculty boards are supported by the Faculties Teaching and Learning team. You can learn more about the Faculty of Science here.
Who is on the Faculty Board?
2020 Meeting Dates
Location: IDC Meeting Room, IDC Building, Callaghan Campus
|Date||Time||Papers due by|
|Thursday 26 March 2020||10:00 am - 11:00 am||12 March 2020|
|Thursday 30 April 2020||10:00 am - 11:00 am||16 April 2020|
|Thursday 18 June 2020||11:00 am - 12:00 noon||4 June 2020|
|Thursday 27 August 2020||10:00 am - 11:00 am||13 August 2020|
|Thursday 5 November 2020||10:00 am - 11:00 am||22 October 2020|
The following committees also operate with the Faculty:
- Faculty Executive Group - Provides advice to the Pro Vice-Chancellor and committees which report to the Faculty Board
- Faculty Teaching and Learning Committee
- Faculty Research Committee
- Faculty Progress and Appeals Committee
- Academic Promotions Appraisal Committee
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Work Health and Safety Committee
- Faculty Research Training Committee
For information about governance of the Faculty of Science including committee meeting details and previous minutes, contact the Faculty Board Secretary - FSCIfirstname.lastname@example.org