Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud of our diverse workforce and believe the equal employment opportunities we provide to people with ability, regardless of their background or circumstances, is what contributes to UON's vibrant workplace culture.
At UON we provide an equal opportunity for all people to be given fair consideration for a job or job related benefits, regardless of their gender, race, colour, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability or religious belief.
All of our staff contribute to an Equal Employment Opportunity university. Potential and current staff members have the right to:
- a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment
- competitive merit-based selection for recruitment or promotion
- training and development
- equal access to benefits and conditions, including flexible working arrangements
- fair processes to deal with work related grievances
To continue an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace, UON staff members have a responsibility to:
- work to their full potential
- recognise the skills and talents of other staff members
- act to prevent harassment and discrimination against others
- respect differences (including cultural and social diversity) among colleagues
- treat people fairly