Principles of Town Planning, a practical exercise and review of Planning Legislation.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Basic understanding of social, economic and environmental issues affecting urban and regional planning at various spatial levels.
2. Basic understanding of typical natural and cultural constraints on land development.
3. Basic understanding of design processes involved in the planning of urban neighbourhoods and precincts.
4. Basic understanding of legal processes affecting plan making and development assessment.
- Principles of Town Planning
- Practical exercise
- Review of Planning Legislation.
Content covered in course LEGL2009 and SURV3930.
Written Assignment: Assignment
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face Off Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
NOTE: The above distribution of contact hours may alter on a weekly basis and will be confirmed in the course outline handed to students in Week 1 (included in these hours are several site visits/field studies off campus).