Introduces final year Surveying students to the principles and practice of land valuation. Land valuation is one of those areas of professional expertise which is fundamental to a full understanding of land in the wide context which surveyors view it; it includes a field trip.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Implement the principles of valuation.
2. Estimate the value of property.
3. Identify and interpret legislation associated with various land use and titles.
4. Identify the legal requirements for being a land valuer.
5. Undertake a physical valuation of a property.
This course will:
- Introduce students to the principles of valuation.
- Provide students with information to assist in valuing property.
- Provide students with numerous valuation examples in residential, rural, industrial and commercial categories.
- Introduce students to the various land use and titles in land and their relationship to future development and valuation.
Content covered in two years of university study or equivalent.
Written Assignment: Assignment
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face Off Campus 8 hour(s) per Term Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
NOTE: The above distribution of contact hours may alter on a weekly basis and will be confirmed in the course outline handed to students in Week 1 (included in these hours are several site visits/field studies off campus).