Building on the foundations laid in STAT4107, students complete a research project under the supervision of a member of the academic staff.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2021
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Worked collaboratively with a supervisor
2. Planned and executed a research project in statistics
3. Communicated statistics using the style, protocols and conventions of the discipline
4. Developed an awareness of the ways in which statistics is disseminated.
In this course, under the supervision of a member of the academic staff, each student will:
- complete an individual research project
- Provide a written exposition (in the style of the discipline) of their research - usually 10,000 to 20,000 words
- present results of their research in a seminar
- offer an oral defence of their research
Enrol B Mathematics (Honours)
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.