Students' prior learning of research methodology is reviewed in the context of speech pathology clinical research. Students review the current theoretical and empirical research literature in order to argue for a specific research question or direction for further research.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
- Semester 2 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Interpret and critique theoretical and empirical research literature with regard to - theoretical and clinical validity, and methodology.
2. Identify and select a worthwhile area with potential for further research.
3. Argue for a methodologically feasible research question or direction.
4. Present and defend a logical argument in a professional manner.
- Review of the research development process including obtaining support, clearances, and eventual dissemination
- Defining and planning research problems
- Interpreting data
- Ethical conduct in research
- Drafting and final documentation of research
- Presentation of research
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology(Hons) and associated combined degree programs.
All core SPTH courses at 1000 and 2000 level in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology, PSYC1010, PSYC1020, STAT 1070
Proposal / Plan: Research proposal
Written Assignment: Draft Research Review - Wiki
Presentation: Oral Presentation and Online Discussion
Written Assignment: Final Research Review
Self-Directed 10 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Online delivery - Blackboard: Discussion Forums, Self-directed learning, Student Projects