SENG6150 and SENG6160 form a 2 course sequence in which students apply their previously-developed knowledge and skills to a substantial practical team project. SENG6160 concentrates on the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases. A team project is undertaken which implements a provided design based on the SENG6150 project requirements. A second part of the course involves maintenance and extension of either the previously-implemented system, or legacy software for which documentation is provided.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
This course replaces the following course(s): SENG6340. Students who have successfully completed SENG6340 are not eligible to enrol in SENG6160.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Have a detailed understanding of, and project experience related to, the implementation, testing, and maintenance phases in software development.
2. Understand software configuration and management.
3. Have developed system integration skills.
4. Have a detailed understanding of software project management.
5. Have practical experience of maintenance of production software.
6. Have understanding of system integration.
7. Have developed team and presentation skills.
8. Be able to work effectively in a team.
Topics for this course are:
- Software implementation
- System integration
- Software system maintenance and configuration management
- Project management
- Software development tools and environments
- Software engineering standards for implementation, testing, and overall system quality
This course replaces SENG6340. If you have successfully completed SENG6340 you cannot enrol in this course.
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term