This course will deepen your understanding of how science education prepares you for future careers. Through this course you will recognise the scientific and transferrable skills you are developing to anticipate and prepare for the future workforce beyond graduation. In addition, you will learn how to communicate your skills and capabilities to employers and others. The course introduces you to techniques to identify and explore diverse job opportunities available to graduates with scientific training, and help you to strategically plan your undergraduate study pathway in support of your future employment goals.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Identify the disciplinary and enterprise skills expected in the workforce of today and in the future.
2. Articulate distinct skills of those with science qualifications.
3. Strategically prioritise personal skills development and study pathways that support career aspirations.
- Different types of scientists
- The value of skills developed through science education
- The skills that employers seek now, and will seek in the future
- Assessing current skills and skills gaps
- Strategically planning skills development
- Communicating skills to employers and others
Professional Task: LinkedIn Profile
Presentation: Day in Science Multimedia Presentation