This course builds on the Transformative Pastoral Practice model. It involves participants understanding ways in which culture, pastoral experience, personal perspective, and values and assumptions affect their pastoral care responses to issues in a chosen specialised pastoral context.
Not currently offered.
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6045. Students who have successfully completed THEO6045 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6045.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how practical theology is a wider dimension of theological discourse;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of theories of personal and social transformation relevant to pastoral practice;
3. Examine how urban and rural contexts affect and evoke patterns of institutional and personal response;
4. Demonstrate an appreciation of the range of theological understandings of issues that emerge within the practice of ministry;
5. Demonstrate a well developed understanding of theories of personal and social transformation relevant to pastoral practice;
6. Evaluate the way in which urban and rural contexts affect and evoke patterns of institutional and personal response;
7. Research and analyse appropriate pastoral care responses to contextual urban and rural issues;
8. Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological, sociological, cultural and political influences affecting persons in the urban environment.
Themes will include:
- Theories of personal and social transformation;
- Critique of local and global issues in relation to pastoral context;
- Research of social and historical contexts of ministry setting;
- Ministerial skills, including networking;
- Peer and individual supervision;
- Awareness of personal perspective in doing theological reflection on ministry experience;
- Ethical dimensions of pastoral practice.
This course replaces THEO6045. If you have successfully completed THEO6045 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: Theological Reflection Paper
Written Assignment: Mid-term and Final reflections
Presentation: Group Presentation - Pastoral reflections to the group on Ministry experience
Presentation: Group Presentation - History of Placement & Networking in the Community