This course enables students to critically examine and theologically reflect on the many contexts that influence and shape ministry to young people.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Describe and recognise the systemic influence of the family systems and parents have on youth ministry.
2. Articulate the various contexts in which ministry to youth occurs such as the parish, Catholic school, dioceses, and movements.
3. Identify the impact of generational theory on ministry with youth
4. Examine the impact of postmodern culture on ministry to youth.
5. Demonstrate an understanding and utilise the internet and technology on ministry with youth, especially Web 2.0 theories.
6. Identify key theological themes and principles of Catholic youth ministry.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of and utilise the process of theological reflection in ministry with youth.
- Family systems
- Postmodern culture
- Implications of technology and Web 2.0 on youth ministry
- Generational Theory
- Theological context of Youth Ministry
This course replaces THEO6024. If you have successfully completed THEO6024 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: Integration Paper
Written Assignment: Module 2
Written Assignment: Module 3
Online Learning Activity: Blogs and Forum Posts