This course is an advanced study of ecclesiology which examines various historical and contemporary theological understandings of the Christian Church.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2017.
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6010. Students who have successfully completed THEO6010 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6010.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of the field of ecclesiology
2. Evaluate theologies of the Christian Church, including those which arose out of significant moments in its history.
3. Critically analyse contemporary ecclesiologies and important scholars in this field of study.
4. Apply theological reasoning to contemporary issues in the 21st century presence of the Christian Church in a variety of cultural contexts
The course will be organised around the following themes:
- Theological Development of Ecclesiology
- Ecclesiology in Historical Context
- Contemporary Ecclesiologies
This course replaces THEO6010. If you have successfully completed THEO6010 you cannot enrol in this course.
Online Learning Activity: Discussion Forums
Essay: Minor Essay
Essay: Major Research Essay