This course is an advanced study in theology, which focuses on issues of theological concern for religious educators. It enables students to critically analyse theologies of religious education; develop skills for articulating the relationship between theology and religious education; and explore issues of practice which arise out of their study in this area
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2017.
This course replaces the following course(s): THEO6007. Students who have successfully completed THEO6007 are not eligible to enrol in RELT6007.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of the relationship between theology, theological reflection, and religious education
2. Critically analyse theologies of religious education
3. Evaluate key pedagogical categories to religious education in particular school settings
4. Apply implications of their findings for praxis in religious education.
The course will be organised around the following themes:
- Theologies of pedagogical practice for religious education
- Theology and religious education
- Theological reflection and religious education
This course replaces THEO6007. If you have successfully completed THEO6007 you cannot enrol in this course.
Essay: Minor Research Essay
Online Learning Activity: Online Tutorial Discussion and Participation
Essay: Major Research Essay