This course is part of the multi-sequence research component of the Grad Dip which requires the development and conduct of a piece of original empirical research under supervision of a member of academic staff of the School of Psychology. PSYC6782B requires the submission of a research report of 10,200 words and a conference-style presentation.
This course forms part of an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited sequence
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
This course is part of a multi-term sequence. Both Part A and Part B must be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence. Part A and Part B must be completed in consecutive terms. Students must complete Part A before completing Part B. Students must complete the sequence within a twelve month period. If students complete Part A but are unable to complete Part B within the timeframe, they must re-enrol in Part A.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Psychological research skills including use of appropriate research instruments and data analysis
2. Scientific writing skills
3. Capacity to critically evaluate research data
4. Present information in written format in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation.
5. Knowledge: students will be expected to gain knowledge of research methodology equivalent to that suitable for a professional psychologist.
On completion of this course students will have further developed their:
- psychological research skills including use of appropriate research instruments and data analysis
- scientific writing skills
- capacity to critically evaluate research data
- present information in written format in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation
- present information in verbal format in an interesting and comprehensible manner with appropriate interpretation and evaluation
The 'A' component of this Multi-Term Sequence Course must be taken prior to enrolment in the 'B' component.
Completion of a thee year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) with an accredited APAC sequence in psychology.
Presentation: Thesis Conference Presentation
Thesis: Research Report