This course covers a broad range of psychological interviewing and assessment skills and measures. Course skills are primarily designed in relation to organisational and business psychology fields. Students will learn how to select and/or develop appropriate tools for capturing desired data, within an ethical framework. A variety of interviewing, survey and other methods will be reviewed and practiced. Emphasis will be placed on the scientific analysis of interview and other assessment data, including the limitations of each measure.
This course is not part of an APAC accredited sequence.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. demonstrate knowledge of interviewing skills and procedures for organisational and business applications
2. demonstrate an understanding of the objectives and psychometric principals of psychological assessment
3. select appropriate assessment tools for business and organisational applications
4. demonstrate an understanding of the use of various types of organisational and business psychological assessment
5. accurately interpret results from interviewing and other assessments
Students will learn how to choose appropriate and psychometrically sound measures for various applied psychology contexts. They will learn some basic statistical procedures for evaluating test outcomes.
Students will practice various interviewing and testing procedures, covering a wide range to topics/factors, to gain expertise in testing application and evaluation.
Students are required to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of interviewing skills and procedures for organisational and business applications2. Demonstrate the application of motivational interviewing to business and organisational applications3. Demonstrate an understanding of the objectives and psychometric principals of psychological assessment4. Select appropriate assessment tools for business and organisational applications5 Demonstrate an understanding of the use of various types of organisational and business psychological assessment6. Accurately interpret results from interviewing and other assessments
Prior successful completion of PSYC6000 & PSYC6050 or approval for enrolment by the Program Convenor.
PSYC6000 and PSYC6050 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Essay/Written assignment
Formal Examination: Exam
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion
Quiz: Online quizzes on Module content
Online 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1