Interventions for physical and psychological health are vital to organisational effectiveness. This course focuses on the strategies that applied psychologists use to foster psychologically healthy workplaces. Students who take this course will be equipped with both the scientific evidence and the practical tools to implement workplace interventions in support of healthy workplaces. The content of this course addresses issues that impact individuals first, including the impact of mental health, resilience, stress, and work-life balance on workplace productivity, and the importance of training and career development. The second half of the course addresses organisational interventions that foster healthy and safe workplace environments, including organisational culture and climate, safety culture, and managing workplace diversity. Students will conclude this course with an understanding of the key ways that organisations affect the physical and psychological health of their employees, including strategies to address these issues.
Prior to 2020, this course was titled PSYC6120 Organisational Interventions.
This course is not part of an APAC accredited sequence.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Explain the signs of an unhealthy workplace at an individual employee level
2. Infer the signs of an unhealthy workplace that appear at an organisational level
3. Detect the core organisational problems that need to be addressed by an intervention
4. Construct an appropriate intervention strategies to improve the physical and / or psychological health of an organisation’s employees
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Work-life Balance
- Training and career development
- Organisational culture and organisational climate
- Safety culture
- Managing diversity
Completion of an APAC accredited 3 year degree program in psychology or equivalent
PSYC6000 and PSYC6050
Report: Case Study Report
Quiz: 6 multiple choice tests
In Term Test: 4 short answer questions
Online 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term