The course is designed to develop an understanding of applied psychology in the workplace. Students will develop advanced skills in human resources and building human capital. Attention is also given to building effective communication skills.
This course is not part of an APAC accredited sequence.
Availability2018 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the links between strategy, HRM, HRD and planning
2. demonstrate an advanced knowledge and application of HRM tools, including skills in selection and recruitment and interviewing
3. demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between HRM, job attitudes, motivation and job design
4. demonstrate a knowledge of effective performance appraisal
5. demonstrate an understanding and application of effective organisational communication
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic planning
- Job Analysis
- Selection and Recruitment
- Performance management
- Interviewing skills
- Job Design
Prior successful completion of PSYC6000 & PSYC6050 or approval for enrolment by the Program Convenor.
PSYC6000 and PSYC6050 or equivalent
Quiz: 6 multiple choice tests
Quiz: Four short answer questions
Online 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term