Psychology is an extremely diverse discipline ranging from mental health to the underlying molecular mechanisms of behaviour. While all aspects of psychology are interesting and important, each student will be drawn to different areas of the discipline. This online course allows students to choose the areas they wish to explore while building essential written communication skills and developing a career portfolio. Students choose their own course content by selecting 4 online modules from a list of available topics that introduce students to areas of psychology that are of interest and could lead to specific career pathways and advanced topics in evolving areas. By the end of this course you will know more about the direction your career will take and will have acquired knowledge in 4 new areas of psychology that relate to your career choice. The topics include specialized modules in Clinical, Biological, Social, Cognitive, and Developmental Psychology.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Recognise and identify core concepts in each specialised module.
2. Effectively communicate key concepts for each module in a written task.
3. Integrate information related to the specialised module topic in an applied scenario.
4. Describe the application of each selected module to their personal career goals.
Students select 4 topics from topics such as the following:
1. Introduction to Forensic Psychology
2. Animal Behaviour
3. The psychology of gender and transgender
4. Emotion Regulation
5. Applications of Mindfulness
6. Evolutionary Psychology
at least 20 units of Psychology at 1000 level
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Portfolio: Reflective Career Portfolio
Online 10 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks