This course is Part A of a multi-term sequence. Part B must also be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence.
Students will undertake group pharmacy projects with assistance from their course coordinator/supervisor incorporating self-directed learning. Projects will address professional pharmacy question (professional and/or clinical). Students will use evidence-based techniques and published literature to study the question(s) and prepare a written report and oral presentation which discuss the issues being examined.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2019
This course is part of a multi-term sequence. Both Part A and Part B must be completed to meet the requirements of the sequence. Part A and Part B must be completed in consecutive terms. Students must complete Part A before completing Part B. Students must complete the sequence within a twelve month period. If students complete Part A but are unable to complete Part B within the timeframe, they must re-enrol in Part A.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Apply research skills to study a pharmacy or health-related question/issue.
2. Critically appraise the literature related to the pharmacy question or issue.
3. Demonstrate the application of research skills and knowledge.
4. Collect, analyse and interpret data as required to investigate the question/issue.
5. Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills including the presentation of a written literature review and an oral presentation of methods.
- Developing and understanding the research question.
- Critically appraising the literature.
- Designing a study and implement a method to study the reserach question.
- Obtaining ethics approval (if required).
- Present reports (written and oral).
Students must have successfully completed all 3000 level courses within the Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)  program.
PHAR3204 Research Methodology and Health Technology Assessment
Presentation: Group Oral presentation
Literature Review: Literature Review (Group)
Face to Face On Campus 20 hour(s) per Term Full Term
2 hrs a week for 8 weeks and 4 hrs for 1 week for presentations
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks
Self-Directed 8 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Project work - Students will be required to meet with supervisors regularly and maintain regular email contact.