This course is designed to broaden students' professional experience. This course includes 2, two-week blocks delivered externally selected from options expected to include the following: sports podiatry, paediatric podiatry, private practice, podiatry research facility, footwear design and manufacture, surgical podiatry and an overseas placement.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence in integrating of skills, knowledge and contextual information in patient assessment, diagnosis and management.
2. Consolidate and improve competencies in documentation and goal orientated management plans.
3. Demonstrate an ability to work as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary health care team. ability to work as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary health care team.
4. Demonstrate specialist diagnostic skills and consequential management of patients (radiological, vascular, neurological, pressure assessment/functional assessment).
5. Consolidate skills in orthotic management and problem solving.
6. Improve and consolidate patient and professional communication skills.
7. Implement evidence based practice into the clinical setting.
8. Demonstrate an ability to retrieve, collate and analyse recent literature relevant to the podiatry profession.
9. Design a presentation poster.
10. Be familiar with all APodC guidelines for patient management
4 week external clinical placement
Poster presentation covering aspect of specialised clinical practice experienced during student placement
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Podiatry 11692 program. Students must have successfully completed HLSC1000, PUBH1080, HUBS2203, HUBS2505, PDTY2202, PDTY3101, PDTY3102, PDTY3103, PDTY3104.
Advanced podiatric clinical and theoretical knowledge
Formal Examination: Written Exam *
In Term Test: OSCE Internal Clinical *
Written Assignment: Written Poster
Participation: External Clinical Placement *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Clinical: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Participation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- In Term Test: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 140 hour(s) per Term Full Term