Quantitative techniques are frequently employed as essential research and analytical tools in accounting, financial and economic environments. This course provides an understanding of the quantitative techniques that are frequently used in accounting, financial and economic studies to aid business decision making. Statistical techniques such as data screening and descriptive techniques, inferential statistics, sampling, questionnaire and research design, hypothesis testing, analysis of variance and regression analysis are covered. Use is made of Microsoft Excel statistical package to analyse data sets and produce reports based on quantitative analyses. Participants will build increased competency in business communication skills and techniques.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 1 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of quantitative techniques that are frequently used in accounting and financial studies research;
2. Design a quantitative study;
3. Exhibit an awareness of the principles of hypothesis testing;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate analytical strategies to test specific hypothesis;
5. Use Microsoft Excel to conduct statistical analysis; and
6. Report statistical findings in a clear and concise fashion.
The topics in the course include the following:
- data screening and descriptive techniques
- inferential statistics
- questionnaire design
- research design
- hypothesis testing
- analysis of variance
- regression analysis
If you have successfully completed GSBS6002 you cannot enrol in this course.
Written Assignment: Individual Statistics Assignment
Project: Group Research Project
Formal Examination: Final Examination