Provides opportunities for students to investigate and evaluate the provision of oral health care at an individual and community level. Students will be introduced to practice administration and management at individual, practice and organisational levels.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Describe oral health service organisation and provision of care;
2. Analyse and evaluate existing oral health service administration and care
3. Contribute to the general debate on the provision of general and oral health care within the community and society
4. Generate new approaches to the organisation and provision of oral health services;
5. Use an evidence based approach to the provision of information and care
6. Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with social and cultural sensitivity, with patients, carers and team members;
7. Analyse strengths and limitations of team approach to health care;
8. Generate new organisational models for oral health care delivery;
9. Discuss and apply management theory at individual and organisational levels;
10. Describe policies and procedures in the health care setting
11. Demonstrate accurate record keeping in the provision of oral health care
12. Demonstrate competent dental hygiene clinical skills and practice.
- Organisation of oral health care services
- Communication skills
- Oral Health administration and management
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Oral Health program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of requirements for Year 3
This course builds directly on ORHL1001 and ORHL2001, and requires that you have successfully completed all Year 1 and Year 2 courses. The learning from this course will be developed and integrated with aspects of clinical care throughout the rest of the Bachelor of Oral Health program.
Viva Voce: Summative Assessment 3 *
Presentation: Presentations - Individual *
Professional Task: Practicum/Placement *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Practicum: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Attendance at clinical sessions is compulsory
- Workshop: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - Attendance at workshop is compulsory
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Professional Task: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Presentation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Viva Voce: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.