This course builds on existing knowledge and introduces the theories and approaches used in evaluating Oral Health Promotion projects. The course will provide skills to enable students to evaluate either existing, or new, oral health promotion material and projects.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Deliver oral health promotion material;
2. Analyse and evaluate existing oral health promotion material in the context of ability to implement change
3. Apply the principles of health promotion to the evaluation of oral health promotion activities;
4. Analyse effectiveness of various individual and group communication strategies;
5. Evaluate the benefits and limitations of teamwork in oral health
6. Access and critically evaluate scientific literature
7. Evaluate data obtained from oral health indices and other research methods
8. Analyse effectiveness of various individual and group communication strategies
9. Apply tertiary education theory to a reflective and critical evaluation of personal, peer and team member education opportunities
This course is a web dependent course.
There will be up to 12 face to face contact hours determined by students and tutors.
These will be by arrangement with academic staff.
The remainder of the course will be accessed and completed via Blackboard.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Oral Health program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of ORHL2003.
This course builds on PUBH1080 and ORHL2003. In ORHL2003 group work resulted in an overview of oral health promotion strategies for specific groups. In ORHL2005, the overview will provide direction for determination of an achievable project to be undertaken in ORHL3003.
Project: Group Project
Written Assignment: Individual tasks
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- Immunisation Requirements - Students must have up to date Vaccination Records.
- National Police Certificate - Students must complete a National Police Check.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- Working with Children - A national criminal history check and review of findings of misconduct involving children, required for any child-related work.