Achieving and maintaining high standards of safety in any workplace by effectively managing workplace safety hazards is the heart of a safety practitioners day-to-day functions. This course provides students with advanced knowledge and skills to identify, assess, control a range of workplace hazards effectively through an evidence-based approach.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and skills in evidence-based OHS hazard management standards, processes and methods
2. Adapt and apply effective OHS hazard management processes and methods to manage OHS risks in known and unknown contexts
3. Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to inform, evaluate and improve OHS hazard management practice
4. Provide high-level advice on effective methods for managing OHS hazards and risks to a range of audiences
- Principles, Process and Methods of Evidence-based Workplace Hazard Management
- Management of Gravitational Hazards
- Management of Chemical and Process Hazards
- Management of Plant Hazards
- Management of Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality
- Management of Biological Hazards
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion Questions
Report: Report on OHS hazard management
Presentation: Presentation on OHS hazard management
Online 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1
Self-Directed 140 hour(s) per Term Full Term starting in week 1
6 hours per week for 10 weeks, 7 hours per week for 3 weeks.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.