This course provides students with a sustained period of clinical practice to enable them to prepare effectively for professional practice. This preparation involves working alongside registered nurses and demonstrating increasing ability to provide care for a group of clients as an effective practitioner. An integral aspect of professional function is the ability to manage one's practice. Understanding the application of processes to achieve quality care is an integral aspect of professional practice.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the development of a body of knowledge in relation to complex health breakdown processes as they apply to individuals;
2. Demonstrate the ability to undertake patient assessment, develop a plan of care according to the results of patient assessment, formulate expected outcomes and evaluate the effectiveness of care;
3. Discuss the processes involved in health breakdown in situations encountered within the clinical placement;
4. Demonstrate personal practice management skills in the clinical context consistent with the performance of a new practitioner;
5. Apply an evidence based approach to the assessment and nursing care of clients experiencing illness;
6. Plan and implement nursing care for clients that reflects an understanding of the impact of health breakdown, including psychosocial dimensions of the illness experience on the client and significant others;
7. Reflect on personal professional practice and identify opportunities for ongoing development.
This course is only available to students active in the B Nursing program with successful completion of all 2nd year requirements.
Students must have no unresolved unsatisfactory reports from previous clinical placements to enrol in this course.
Satisfactory completion of all 1000 and 2000 level BN courses.
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Clinical Case Study
Written Assignment: Clinical Event Reflection
Quiz: Quiz - On-line
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
- Prohibited Employment Declaration - Declaration that student is not a prohibited person in terms of the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998.
- Working with Children - A national criminal history check and review of findings of misconduct involving children, required for any child-related work.