This course brings to culmination all the fundamental music studies, exploration into various genres and developing stylistic focus of previous semesters in the form of a specialist performance/creative or research project. This final semester of the B.Mus. is therefore more open in scope (subject to approval), giving students the opportunity to prepare for a professional career after graduation and possibly Honours.
Availability2019 Course Timetables
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 2 - 2019
This course replaces the following course(s): MUSI3202. Students who have successfully completed MUSI3202 are not eligible to enrol in MUSI3302.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an ability to focus sophisticated techniques, as applicable, in the realisation of a creative and/or performance project specific to chosen practice.
2. Demonstrate evidence of well-developed individual style and highly sensitive expressive control in the realisation of the creative component of the project.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of their practice/work routine and evidence of its implementation at an advanced level of efficiency.
4. Demonstrate an ability to communicate via their particular medium at a professional level through diverse means, which may include technology.
5. Give a professional presentation at all levels in a performance/creative project or portfolio.
6. Demonstrate the ability to focus critical thinking and the research process in a creative/performance project and/or portfolio.
The syllabi for this course (for each area of specialisation) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their skills. Requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied. Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
To enrol in this course students must be active in either 40045 or 40048 or 40120 program and have successfully completed MUSI3301. If you have successfully completed MUSI3202 you cannot enrol in this course.
Practical Demonstration: Technical Skills and Tasks
Newcastle City Precinct
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks
*includes 1 to 1 lessons and/or group lessons/projects, please arrange with course coordinator
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks starting in week 1
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks starting in week 1
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks starting in week 7