This course builds on work commenced in MTEC6709 and culminates in the full realisation of the Specialised Technology Project. The project is an advanced study into a specific area(s) of Music Technology and is undertaken in consultation with a supervisor. Using the study program developed in MTEC6709, students will progress through the various stages of development and undertake reflective assessment. The final project must be presented at a suitable (Masters) standard and be accompanied by relevant documentation.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 3 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Have demonstrated a high level of music technology prowess in their field of study (at Masters level);
2. Have researched, designed and commenced progression through their customised program for the project;
3. Have attained valuable identification, research and music technology skills;
4. Have undertaken self-directed work, analysis and reporting procedures in a professional comportment;
5. Have demonstrated advanced ability to use email, access web-based resources and to participate in electronic discussion groups.
The course content will vary depending on the nature of the area studied. Specialised tuition and advice will be provided in the students chosen field(s).
Topics addressed may include (but are not limited to):
- undertake further research into a specific area of music technology
- implementation of the study program (including aims, targets and outcomes)
- reflective assessment of work completed
- production of documentation and material to support their work
- undertaking of advanced study into specialised fields of music technology
Students undertaking this course are required to have minimum levels of computer literacy and musical ability as necessary for entry into the Master of Music Technology and Graduate Certificate in Music Technology programs. (Further details of the levels expected are available from the program convener.) It is also expected that students will have previously completed Applications of Music Technology (core course) and also completed a range of electives before the commencement of this course.
Portfolio: Assessment 1
Project: Assessment 2 Assessment 2