This course requires the student to undertake research into a specific area(s) of Music Technology and develop a detailed project proposal. The project will be a focused study into a field of Music Technology that will be decided on in conjunction with a supervisor. Students may be required to undertake testing, research (using software and hardware), and commence construction of their project by producing relevant material/content. Based on the proposal developed in this course, the project is commenced but only fully realised in the course MTEC6710.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 3 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Have demonstrated a high level of music technology prowess in their field of study (at Masters level);
2. Have researched, designed and commenced progression through their customised program for the project;
3. Have attained valuable identification, research and music technology skills;
4. Have undertaken self-directed work, analysis and reporting procedures in a professional comportment;
5. Have demonstrated advanced ability to use email, access web-based resources and to participate in electronic discussion groups.
The course content will vary depending on the nature of the area studied. Specialised tuition and advice will be provided in the student's chosen field(s).
Topics addressed may include (but are not limited to):
- undertake research into a specific area of music technology
- development of a project proposal with significant evidence of research and critical thinking
- development of a program of study (including aims, targets and outcomes)
- self assessment techniques
- production of documentation and material to support their work
- commence advanced study into a specialised area of music technology
Students undertaking this course are required to have minimum levels of computer literacy and musical ability as necessary for entry into the Master of Music Technology and Graduate Certificate in Music Technology programs. (Further details of the levels expected are available from the program convener.) It is also expected that students will have previously completed Applications of Music Technology (core course) and also completed a range of electives before the commencement of this course.
Written Assignment: Assessment 1
Portfolio: Assessment 2