By attending a professional placement at an accredited clinical centre in a variety of Nuclear Medicine service settings, this course allows students to broaden their professional practice experience, consolidate academic knowledge and refine professional skills towards competent practitioner level.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence with performing routine and complex Nuclear Medicine procedures
2. Perform complex image analysis
3. Demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Demonstrate clinical reasoning / management skills consistent with their level of experience
5. Demonstrate good communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers in the delivery of patient care
6. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
7. Apply the skills and knowledge necessary to employ an evidenced based approach to decision making in healthcare practice
8. Reflect upon, and evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical placement, according to the level of experience
The course content includes all aspects of routine and complex nuclear medicine imaging and therapy applications, including hybrid imaging with CT.
Students must be active in the B Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine) (40011) program to enrol in this course.
Report: Placement Workbook *
Portfolio: Clinical portfolio *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Clinical: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
- Workshop: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Portfolio: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Attempt / Submission Requirement - Students must attempt/submit this assessment item to pass the course. - Students must complete and submit all parts of the clinical workbook and complete the required clinical contact hours
- Report: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - To pass this course students must gain an overall mark of 50% or above and meet the following essential criteria. 1. A minimum of 50% in the Final Clinical Supervisor Assessment. 2. Students must gain "expected level" or above in all criteria to pass this course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.