This advanced course provides students with the opportunity to further develop their knowledge and practical skills in the evaluation of medical images. Students will study multimodality imaging techniques and cases to refine their ability to recognise normal and abnormal images, and to enable reporting of significant findings of a medically urgent nature to the appropriate health professional.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced pattern recognition and image interpretation skills
2. Critically analyse case-based multimodality images and identify findings of a medically urgent nature
3. Apply the skills and knowledge necessary to employ an evidenced based approach to decision making in healthcare practice
- Case-based multimodality imaging including review of available technologies and evidence
supporting their appropriate clinical applications.
- Image interpretation including development of skills in pattern recognition/identification to apply
knowledge of normal from abnormal imaging appearances and relating appearances to the patient
- problem solving and decision making in daily clinical practice
- Recognition of medically urgent findings as described by the MRPB Professional Capabilities for Medical Radiation Practitioners statement.
Students must be active in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography) 40002 program and have successfully completed MRSC3080, STAT1070, MRSC3155 and MRSC3160
Students must be active in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy) 40010 program and have successfully completed MRSC3260 and MRSC3270
Students must be active in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine) 40011 program must have successfully completed MRSC3355 and MRSC3380
MRSC3020 and MRSC3080.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Workshop: There is a compulsory attendance requirement in this course. - Students must attend the workshops and engage with the learning activities and assessments
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks