This course allows students to consolidate their basic professional skills and to refine their advanced professional skills by participating in professional skills labs at university and by successfully completing a professional placement at an accredited Nuclear Medicine clinical centre. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional practice, and pass the course.
Availability2021 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2021
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence with performing complex Nuclear Medicine procedures involving pharmaceutical contraindication knowledge
2. Perform complex image analysis.
3. Demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Demonstrate clinical reasoning/ management skills consistent with their level of experience.
5. Combine good communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers in the delivery of patient care
6. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
7. Describe the current and future roles that may be required to practice within and reflect on the need for continual learning to improve clinical practice
8. Apply the skills and knowledge necessary to employ an evidenced based approach to decision making in health care practice.
9. Reflect upon and evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical placement, according to the level of experience.
- Skeletal system
- Pulmonary system
- Endocrine system
- Gastro-intestinal system
- Genito-urinary system
- Tumour imaging
- Cardiovascular system
- Infection localisation
- Positron Emission Tomography
- Bone densitometry
- Central nervous system
- Molecular imaging
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
Active in BMRS (Nuc Med) (11019), concurrently enrolled in MRSC3300 & successfully completed MRSC2350 & MRSC2380 or active in BMRS (Hons) (Nuc Med) (40011), concurrently enrolled in MRSC3305 & successfully completed MRSC2350 & MRSC2380.
Report: Report - Professional Placement Workbook *
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory Exercises *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 6 Weeks
Complete a minimum of 25 shifts of compulsory professional practice during the placement Clinical Briefing 2 hr per semester - compulsory attendance Note: Full term does not include those times where students are on a timetble professional placement.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks