This course introduces the clinical science of Diagnostic Radiography; the roles and responsibilities of the diagnostic radiographer in the health care team; conventional diagnostic radiography approaches; and issues related to the management of a patient undergoing a radiographic examination.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. To describe and apply diagnostic radiography practice and procedures
2. Develop clinical reasoning skills so as to provide optimal patient management and outcomes, based on clinical history, patient presentation and differential diagnosis to ensure the appropriate imaging pathway
3. Develop a knowledge of the mechanisms of injury and/or the causes of disease
4. Identify key imaging anatomy
5. Develop pattern recognition and image interpretation skills so as to identify and describe imaging pathology
1. Musculo-skeletal Imaging
2. Cardio-Respiratory Imaging
Students must be concurrently enrolled in MRSC1110, have successfully completed HUBS1105 and MRSC1010 and be active in the B Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic) (Honours) program to enrol in this course.
HUBS1105, HUBS1401, MRSC1010, HLSC1000
In Term Test: Examination Online *
Formal Examination: Formal Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - In order to pass this course students must gain a minimum mark of 40% in every individual assessment task.
- In Term Test: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - In order to pass this course students must gain a minimum mark of 40% in every individual assessment task.
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 Weeks starting in week 1
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 10 Weeks starting in week 1
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 Weeks starting in week 2