Managing Organisational Change
Managing Organisational Change examines the theories, frameworks and models of change within the organisational setting and addresses the viability of the contemporary organisation. The increasing dynamism of external and internal organisational environments is seen as both a strategic determinant and rationale for change within organisations and seeks to show how and why managerial responses to such dynamism are increasingly centred on the successful management of change processes. In this context, we explore the mechanisms of change and improvement in organisations, engaging in workshops, case studies, and experiential exercises designed to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Trimester 2 - 2016 (Singapore)
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Comprehend and evaluate a variety of frameworks and models of organisational change.
2. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the structural, human, technological, cultural, political, and symbolic frameworks of organisational change.
3. Critically examine the various diagnostic and intervention techniques used in organisational development and change.
4. Apply your learning of the various theories and models of organisational change in a real world business context.
5. Communicate your professional knowledge both in oral and written formats, incorporating effective use of technical aids to further engage your audience.
6. Analyse, synthesise and evaluate organisational change problems and issues, working collaboratively to propose, research, develop and present their solution
Topics in this course include:
- Context of organisational change
- Typology of Change
- Planned Change
- Environmental Factors and Change
- Process of Change
- Organisational Change Interventions
- Organisational Transformation
- Contemporary Issues in Change Management
IRHR1001 Managing the Organisation and MNGT2001 Business Strategy
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Group Case Study
Written Assignment: Individual Reflective Report
In Term Test: Individual Restricted Open Book Examination
Callaghan, Ourimbah and UoN Singapore
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Interactive Workshop and Directed Learning
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks