Developments in information and communication technologies coupled with a radical shift to the Internet by businesses and consumers; has raised new questions about how businesses communicate with and deliver value to customers. The course focuses on understanding how businesses engage with customers and stakeholders in a digital environment and develops skills in social media marketing. It provides students with a thorough understanding of digital and social media marketing theory and incorporates practical and contemporary examples.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 2 - 2020
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 2 - 2020
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 2 - 2020 (Singapore)
Nurture - UTCC
- Semester 1 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced understanding of today’s digital and social media marketing landscape.
2. Demonstrate how user-generated content in social media can be collected and analysed to guide marketing strategy.
3. Demonstrate the understanding of digital and social media analytics and the capability to use online analytical tools.
4. Articulate specialised knowledge of digital and social media marketing in both oral and written contexts.
5. Demonstrate the capability to work both independently and in a team environment employing inquiry processes to complete marketing projects.
The topics in this course include:
1. Introduction to digital and social media marketing (SMM)
2. Social networking sites (SNS) and integrated marketing objectives
3. Rules of engagement (Ethics) in social media marketing
4. Customer engagement behaviour (CEB) in social media
5. Social media analytics
6. Social media listening: User-generated content (UGC) and voice of customer (VoC)
7. Search engine marketing (SEM) and Search engine optimisation (SEO)
8. Audience Targeting in SMM: Customer persona and value creation
9. Personal branding in social media
10. Paid social media marketing
11. Content marketing tactics in social media
12. Mobile marketing on social networks
MKTG1001 Foundations of Marketing or MKTG2100 Principles of Marketing
In Term Test: In-term tests
Written Assignment: Digital Marketing Plan
Formal Examination: Examination
Ourimbah, Newcastle City Precinct, PSB Singapore and Nurture - UTCC
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students are expected to complete 4 hours of guided learning via online preparation, lectures, interactive workshops, tutorials, discussion groups or self-directed learning and an additional 6 hours of independent study per week.