Business-to-Business Marketing also known as Industrial, Organisational or Business Marketing, represents over 50 percent of the world¿s business activity. The distinctive nature of this sector necessitates specialized knowledge in its implementation and strategic choice over all the elements of the marketing mix. Business-to-Business marketing is becoming increasingly dynamic and complex in the face of growing globalization of business. Developing an understanding of business markets, the business marketing environment and the application of theory to business-to-business markets is the primary focus. Working with global cases you engage in inquiry processes characteristic of Industrial Marketing contexts and environments.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the differences and similarities with the consumer market;
2. Recognise the challenges posed to participants in business-to-business markets, from a derived demand to networks of interactions and relationships;
3. Comprehend and interpret the prevailing decision-making mechanisms and their significance for business marketing practice;
4. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of various mechanisms for the elaboration of segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies in global business markets;
5. Apply relevant marketing theory, inquiry and analysis skills to contemporary case studies and communicate outcomes employing professional discourse and formats;
6. Engage in independent and group processes inclusive of task directed leadership to explore issues, collect and analyse evidence, and make informed decisions.
The topics in this course include the following:
- Theoretical and practical issues in business-to-business marketing;
- The Business Environment;
- Organisational Buyer Behaviour;
- STP Analysis;
- The Marketing Mix;
- Strategy and Planning;
- The international and global contexts.
MKTG2100 - Principles of Marketing
Report: GROUP REPORT
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Study
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Tutorials and Individual submission of answers to chapter questions
Formal Examination: Formal exam