Strategic Marketing Management encompasses marketing strategy elements and their integration. Focus will be upon developing your abilities to apply various principles and theories to specific problems. Competitive marketing strategies are introduced, and theories are applied to different economic environments as well as to different competitive environments. Encouraging a practical approach to strategy, students engage in interactive problem solving, field work and contemporary case analysis.
- Trimester 1 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 2 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
Newcastle City Precinct
- Semester 2 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Analyse marketing opportunities and threats
2. Discuss strategic concepts and theories and their application in marketing environments.
3. Develop and critically assess marketing strategies
4. Research and analyse marketing strategies in different contexts
5. Identify and resolve well-defined problems reaching substantiated conclusions employing methods of analysis specific to marketing.
6. Effectively communicate Strategic Marketing knowledge and outcomes in both written and oral contexts.
7. Employ strategies and processes which assist independent learning.
Introduction to strategy, strategic concepts and strategic levels
Alternative marketing strategies
Strategy and the Marketing Planning process
Marketing strategy formulation
Industry and business definition
Product-market definition and analysis
Customer and stakeholder analysis
Strategy selection, adjustment or re-confirmation
Strategic application of the Marketing Mix
Product and packaging strategy
Positioning and Brand strategy
Marketing communication strategy
Distribution, selling and customer service strategies
The role of the Internet
Implementation and organisational strategic focus
Industry evolution, monitoring and strategic adjustments
Strategies for different environments
MKTG2100 Principles of Marketing or MKTG1001 Foundations of Marketing plus MKTG2010 Marketing Research and MKTG2101 Consumer Behaviour
Written Assignment: Group Situation Analysis and SWOT
Presentation: Group Presentation
Proposal / Plan: Written Individual Strategic Marketing Plan
Ourimbah, Newcastle City Precinct and PSB Singapore
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students are expected to complete 4 hours of guided learning via online preparation, lectures, interactive workshops, tutorials, discussion groups or self-directed learning and an additional 6 hours of independent study per week.