MATH4107 provides preparation for completion of a supervised research project. Students carry out a literature review of the material relevant to their project, develop a research proposal and timeline and begin their research project.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Use the various mathematical data bases and search engines to locate material relevant to their project
2. be acquainted with the steps necessary to plan a research project
3. Appreciate the style and ways in which mathematics is disseminated.
In this course, under the supervision of a member of the academic staff, students will;
- Undertake a search of relevant literature
- Prepare an initial bibliography
- Complete appropriate background reading
- Develop a research proposal and timeline
- Commence initial work on their project
Enrol B Mathematics (Honours)
A strong background in 3000/4000 level courses relevant to the area of the project.
Presentation: Oral Presentation: Initial literature review and project proposal
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term