Designed for those with an understanding of the materials taught in Intermediate Japanese I. In this course more advanced forms of grammar and sentence patterns are studied. Reading and writing skills will also be raised to a higher level.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. understand all the basic Japanese sentence structures
2. read Japanese text at an intermediate level
3. express their own ideas in written forms
4. use online Japanese dictionaries and word processors
5. communicate orally at an intermediate level
6. have an understanding of aspects of Japanese culture necessary for effective communication
- Introduction of new sentence patterns
- reading texts that include those sentence patterns
- writing exercise to express original ideas using new sentence patterns
- oral communication practice
This course replaces JAPN2120. If you have successfully completed JAPN2120 you cannot enrol in this course.
JAPN2111 Intermediate Japanese I
Written Assignment: Written assignments (20%)
In Term Test: One written test (40%)
Presentation: In class Group Presentation (40%)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.