Designed for those with an understanding of elementary Japanese, this course introduces new vocabulary and more advanced forms of grammar and sentence patterns.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2020.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. understand grammatical structures at an intermediate level
2. read Japanese text at an intermediate level
3. express their own ideas in written forms
4. use online Japanese dictionaries and word processors
5. communicate orally at an intermediate level
This course includes:
- Introduction of new sentence patterns;
- Reading texts that include those sentence patterns and new words;
- Writing exercise to express original ideas using new sentence patterns; and
- Oral communication practice.
This course replaces JAPN2110. If you have successfully completed JAPN2110 you cannot enrol in this course.
JAPN1120 Elementary Japanese II
Written Assignment: Written Assignments (20%)
In Term Test: Written tests (40%)
Presentation: In class oral presentations (40%)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.