In this course, students will gain the knowledge, understanding and practical experience in installing and configuring IT infrastructure for an organisation in a virtualised environment.
Not currently offered.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of virtualisation in a cloud infrastructure
2. Understand the foundational network services that enable deploying of a virtual infrastructure in an organisation.
3. Understand the foundational IT services required by an organisation
4. Be able to configure and deploy private cloud environments
5. Be able to configure and deploy network services and IT services in a cloud environment.
Students will learn:
- IP Address Allocation and Management: IPv6, IPv4, DHCP, DHCPv6
- Configuring networks and network services: Routers, Gateways, RRAS, VPNs, Firewalls, etc.
- Virtualising IT Infrastructure: Hypervisors (Virtualising Compute, Storage, Memory and Networks)
- Configuring IT Infrastructure: Private cloud, Public Clouds, Deploying and Managing Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring and deploying IT Services: Mail, Web Servers, VDI, etc.
Students are required to have knowledge and understanding of: ISO/OSI Model, TCP/IP Protocol Stack, IPv4 Addressing, IP Protocol, TCP Protocol, NOS, Network Services such DHCP and DNS, Client/Server Architecture, Domains and LDAP