Introduces concepts and skills needed to develop and manage small to medium web facing server systems. Covers object oriented techniques, event-driven programming, development or effective user interfaces, database integration and server side scripting.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills needed to prototype a web-based end-user server-side application using a comprehensive contemporary development environment.
2. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills needed to produce web browser interfaces that are aesthetic, intuitive and easy to use.
3. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills to connect to databases from a comprehensive server-side web system.
4. Developed the skills needed to design, implement and present reports from a database.
- Web based server side systems
- Event Driven Programming
- Server and Client side scripting
- Interactive Development Environments (IDE's)
- Object-oriented design, reuse, the user interface
- Database interfacing
This course replaces INFT2008. If you have successfully completed INFT2008 you cannot enrol in this course.
COMP1140 Database & Information Management and either INFT2012 Application Programming or SENG1110 Object Oriented Programming
Written Assignment: Assignments
Formal Examination: Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
Callaghan, Ourimbah and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 2
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1